Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Movie 18: The King and I

Movie 18/50
Day 28: June 8th

So Bekka and I watched this today... one of those musicals I have not seen yet. (Like Wicked, but I sorta want to see that one in the theater for my first time. *pricey date idea? yup ;D *

I don't exactly what to think of this musical actually... R&H are great guys but this is not one of my more favorites... (Yeah, Oklahoma! Still is my favorite.)

But I did enjoy it, while I was crocheting another Amigurumi, that is about 7 this summer already, perhaps 10. Wow! Most I have crocheted in a while. Lets hope they sell at the Farmer's Market with Bekka...

Back on topic. What a way to end the movie eh? The king dies, but not after he son finally knows how to take over... in what would have been in the movie a half hour span. Perhaps I just don't understand the meaning of this play, or I had my expectations to high or just expected something bad? I don't know, but I think it was the music. It didn't catch my ear as well.

MPAA Rating: NA
My Rating: 7/10 for a good musical, just not my favorite. Then again, I love Oklahoma! with some passion.

~Carollela~

No comments: