Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Movie 37: The Taming of the Shrew (Shakespeare ReTold)

Movie 37/50
Day 69: July 19th

I've seen some Shakespeare movies in my life, I've also read quite a bit of Shakespeare and this one was pretty funny.

There were some differences, but the point is to get the plot across, and they did this with much entertainment.

This version had Rufus Sewell in it, and while he often plays a villian, I really enjoy this actor.

The opening scene is a small lady stalking down a hallway. Right off the bat I knew that was Catherine and from that I knew it was:
-The girl who played Moaning Myrtle.
How?
She just has a recognizable gait,
that shrewish voice,
and
those shoes?

This was a good movie, though I do not know if I will watch it again.

MPAA Rating: NR
My Rating: 6/10 for some pretty funny parts

~Carollela~

1 comment:

Momma Karny said...

it was hilarious!! way better than the buck toothed munchers fighting over an acorn....i give it a 10