Day 62: July 12th
This movie was a good one. The book was probably good also. I have a friend who absolutely hates time travel, she doesn't understand it. I told her that in this movie the guy just disappears, without his clothing of course, and shows up elsewhere however he cannot change history. He said that he goes places and can see what happens and talk to the people even but he cannot change history because it is "going to happen anyways." To this my friend said, "That is how it should be." I told her, most of the time in Sci-Fi that is how it is, or is known. I guess she'd know if she read some time travel, but since she is set against it she doesn't. -shrugs-
I find it sad that he just shows up any ol time... it is almost like there are bunches of him roaming the dimension of time! Sorta like he is cloned. It must be super confusing for those involved. Not as much for him I guess, since he is the one involved and personally jumping time. For his wife and child though that must be as confusing as ever.
My mom thought the movie was dumb, and exclaimed on the fact that they never showed the daughter travel and we know that she inherited the trait from her father. I guess she also got her grandma's singing ability, maybe that is why we never see her jump. Singing keeps her back and she sings when she feels the travel pull.
Either way it is another movie under my belt. Another film in my arsenal. Another screen play I can draw from.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for Thematic Elements, Brief Disturbing Images, Nudity and Sexuality
My Rating: 7/10 I have not read the book so I cannot say it is a good adaptation
~Carollela~
1 comment:
this incessant popping in and out blah blah and etc...it was so tedious that i'd rather have more fun being bored, than watch that drivvel again...
Oh...btw...just in case you have Where the Wild Things on Your list..I'll probably say the same snarky thing...except I'd add, "im bald now, because pulling my hair out, one strand at a time, curled into the fetal position, could not be avoided..it was as a reflex to the incredibly stooopid, lame dopey dry personalities of those horrific imaginary animals from...ocha E' ella ella
I'd rather spend an eternity locked in a glass cubicle with all the teletubbies on crack, then watch that movie Where the Wild Things are.
and you say no one ever reads your blogs :P
Post a Comment