Thursday, May 20, 2010

Movie 7: 9

Movie 7/50
Day 9: May 20th

This movie was strange... Great, but strange. While some of it was easy to tell what was coming next. I did enjoy it. (Both my mom and sister lost interest.)

I was explaining this movie the other day to a friend, and first off... I knew it was Elisha Wood's voice for 9 the second he spoke... I still don't know if I like that actor or not.

However... the idea that a guy put his soul into 9 little men, while odd, is pretty cool. I saw the short for this movie before it came out, not that I remember what I saw... but I saw it none-the-less.

I do find it funny that what used to be ironic is now commonplace - the putting of chicks as the kick butt, ninja, crime fighting character. I believe it was 5, but she was the hardcore part of his soul... hmm.. interesting. Now 3 and 4 you couldn't really tell a gender since they never talked and could easily be either.

The idea was great... but what happens to them now? Hmm... No reproduction - unless they use the source to break his spirit into more parts, therefore most likely sacrificing themselves...

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for Violence and Scary Images

My Rating: 9/10 for Original plot, Great Effects, and Wonderful Animated Acting ;]

~Carollela~

No comments: