Day Seven: May 18th
So before I watched this one I heard two completely different things about.
1.) My mom disliked it. She thought, well thinks, it is boring and such.
2.) Otter, my boyfriend, according to his Facebook cannot even sit through the whole thing.... Tis "creepy".
So.. I decided to add this movie to my list so that I can see where in the spectrum I fall... well as I thought I land somewhere between the two.
My Uncle Jeff loves the movie and was excited to see a quote on my Facebook... haha
While I found the movie to be a little creepy; I was able to sit through it. I did not though find it stupid... then again... M. Night Shyamalan is one of my favorite directors, along with the ever so popular (now) Tim Burton.
It felt a little like the plot was drawn out... as if maybe there should have been a little more to it... other than that it was good. (I do like Joaquin Phoenix being in there... to bad he wanted to be a rapper and left the acting business... ) So the movie had some good parts and some slow parts, but overall I enjoyed it.
P.s. I was sympathetic for the alien when Mel Gibson's character cut its "fingers" off in the closet... poor evil thing, that could be what made them hostile.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some Frightening Moments
My Rating: 7/10 Good acting, Adorable children and aliens (everyone loves a good alien antagonist)
~Carollela~
No comments:
Post a Comment