Day Three: May 14th
Over Her Dead Body... or should I say "Just another Romance beyond the grave" movie...
The theme of romance beyond the grave is one that is over played... I think...
The main idea of this movie is Henry's fiancée dies at their wedding (tragic I know.. BUT she was a bodied brat) and for a few years he is tragic. His family steps in and tries to take action.. his loving but absentminded sister takes him to a psychic so he can hear from "beyond the grave" from his bride-to-be that it is alright to move on and possibly date again...
Through some twists and turns Henry falls for the psychic, Ashley. Ashley is not a good psychic and gets "tips" from Kate's journal (the dead wifey), as given to her by the sister... yeah a mess. Until... Kate shows up and "haunts" Ashley.
Everything is a mess when Henry finds out Ashley has been using Kate's diary... ruh-roh.
The acting in this movie was pretty good, for a cheesy romantic one. The plot moved a little slowly for me, but there were some good theatrical and some pretty funny parts. However I did not like Ashley... just personal actress preferences... mostly it was the way her mouth moved when she spoke. Eh, no one is perfect, but can you try to talk straight? Or maybe not lean your head so as to pronounce your crooked mouth...
A movie of a ghost fiancée, a distraught veterinarian (Oh, I didn't mention that? huh... yeah, Henry has the bucks! Cashola!), a fake-not-so-fake psychic and oh yeah toss in her "gay, but not really gay" career partner and you get a whole mess of stuff...
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for Sexual Content and Language.
My Rating:
7/10 - Decent quality acting, some funny moments, over played theme.
~Carollela~
No comments:
Post a Comment