Day Three: May 14th
First off I should say I love most movies by M. Night Shyamalan... The Village (despite the fact that many call it anti-climactic) is one of my favorites... And as a warning you should be seeing another Shyamalan on this list as I have not yet seen Signs.
Anywho... I have seen a couple clips of The Sixth Sense but never watched it through. To rate a good suspense flick, via me, would be to see how much I prattle... granted last time I watched a "suspense" was "When A Stranger Calls" and I talked through the whole thing... This movie, had I been in my talking stage (not that I left) would have had me chattering a bit. However I tried to keep my mutterings to a minimum.
I love the twists that Shyamalan puts in his movies, and if you watch many of his you can tell where they are coming at, but that doesn't make them any less effective or good. The movie was "creepin'" to quote a friend. And the fact that at the end the psychologist is dead is almost predictable, but that doesn't stop the movie from being great.
Another thing... there are fewer and fewer good actors these days, especially younger ones. All actors who may have potential are being stolen by Disney, and we all know how hard it is to leave them... Or media coverage goes to Disney actors who are not all that good... ugh. But this movie stars one of my more favorite young actors Haley Joel Osment.
Granted the kid is what... 22 now.. he was young then. His acting was phenomenal. It is not as hard to act scared, but legitimately being frightened can be hard to pull off... however I am referencing his more emotional acting. Such as the scene at the end, in the car with his mother. That is a touching moment and the kid acts great!
Another well known actor is in this movie, Bruce Willis, known more for his tough "beat-em-up" roles, does a superb job also. I do enjoy his acting more in "Live Free or Die Hard" the movie was still great.
This is definitely a movie I would suggest to others.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for Intense Thematic Material and Violent Images
My Rating:
10/10 - a great movie, good suspense, great acting
~Carollela~
No comments:
Post a Comment