Saturday, May 29, 2010

Movie 12: The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry

Movie 12/50
Day 17: May 28th

I was looking through my mom's netflix, and I guess this one was under her instant queue... I dunno... but I found it on our PS3. Yay Netflix.

I thought the movie sounded pretty good, albeit a little corny. And I was right... haha
I got antsy in the last 5 minutes, because I knew what was going to happen and wanted to relinquish the living room to my littlest sibling... but nevertheless it was a good movie.

This movie was completely and absolutely family friendly, in fact it was geared for families... It was one of those cheesey Christian family themed movies that you watch once, love some of the ideas and morals in it but never really watch again. (Unlike VeggieTales which my sisters and I watch over and over...)

The idea was to tell people about Jesus, the main old man, Mr.Sperry was teaching some young boys, you at first only wanted to see him because of his delicious lemonade but learned that he was a nifty dude. He took them to the graveyard and had them listen to the headstones whispering to them "Why didn't you tell me about Jesus" if any that was one of the most creepy parts because of the old man's voice. But his message got across. There is also some sad parts at the end, Mr. Sperry is an old man come on...

PS! the Old black mans voice is absolutely and undoubtedly Rafiki's from Lion King, as a forwarning so you don't dwell over whom you are hearing. [=

MPAA Rating: PG for Thematic Elements
My Rating: 9/10 for Good Acting, Cheesy Plot, Great Lessons and Cute Young Actors

~Carollela~

No comments: