Song 1995: Ironic
Artist: Alanis Morissette
Album: Jagged Little Pill
Of all the rants I have heard, I have got to say the one on the song "Ironic" has stuck with me longest. I don't remember who said it, when they said or even why. All I remember is them saying "The song Ironic isn't ironic at all, ironic eh?"
Okay, so maybe I paraphrased because none of my friends say eh as often as I do. (It's the Wisconsin running through my blood.)
I do have to say, I don't care whether the song truly is ironic. I enjoy the tune.
It seems though, that irony is lost on me.
Let me get this straight:
-the dictionary says Irony is saying something but meaning the opposite. So wouldn't that be similar to doing something but meaning the opposite? Like saying thankyou to heap coals on someone? Wouldn't then: God be ironic?hmm
But if Irony is something happening that wasn't expected: then this song is ironic, but if you have thought about the outcome and thought that something could have happened then it is not ironic? What?
Because I thought "man, I want a cookie so the cookies will be gone." Then finding them with cookies is ironic.. but not if I also thought "well, because I thought they will be gone there will be one."
I think Irony in this way is Murphy's law...
However, I don't know of any other songs on this album... Yes that is sad.
Oh well.
Jump the link and tell me about the album: http://grooveshark.com/album/The+Very+Best+Of+Mtv+Unplugged/3432961
Jump the link for the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc
~Carollela~
No comments:
Post a Comment