Recently a sister of my best friend wrote on her Facebook that she was bored and that this summer was a bummer compared to last year. While I use the "bored" word I do dislike it. (Just as I use like often, which I hate and I don't hate a lot.) I digress, she said she was bored with this summer.
Fact One: Summer is not over yet.
Fact Two: My birthday has not occured yet, which means summer is not over.
Fact Three: September is technically the end of summer because school starts.
Fact Four: August is the hottest month, so there is still a while left for swimming.
Fact Five: The word "splendiferous" is one I use for summer because it is a sabbatical from school and should be welcomed and not called boring.
So I commented on her Facebook status. Really, what would you do in my situation? After having a good day, and liking the summer and the warmth of the sun (ooh, song about the sun by Darcy.. I should listen whilst writing this.. XD)
......................
*After putting on "A Song About the Sun" and listening to Nathan's voice.*
Okay, So I wrote on her facebook. I wrote a lot and it gave me an idea. (Although all ideas should be for my chapter at the moment I shall put my blog anywho.)
I am going to write a list of things that bored people can do on a loverly/not-so-loverly day during the "boringness" of summer.
1. Learn a new instrument:
- Guitar (Like me)
- Piano
- Harmonica
- Jews Harp (Yuh huh I went there)
- Didgeridoo
- Singing (Yes this is an instrument)
2. Learn a new Craft:
- Crochet (Make wonderful presents for family members, they will love it, you will learn something new and it will be something meaningful that cost less!! Woohoo!)
- Knit
- Paint
- Embroidery
- Bookmark making
- Scrapbooking
- Postcard making
- Bracelet/Jewelry making (use random things, like feathers, hemp, rope, duct tape... haha things around the house you know! The object is to be creative!)
3. Hand write a letter to:
- Grandma
- Friend
- Mother
- Father
- God Parent
- Sister
- Brother
- President (haha)
- Congressman
- Anyone! Make it funny, sad, meaningful, random, senseless, or just an update. But everyone loves to get a handwritten letter, trust me they may seem outdated but they are much more poignant.
4. Make clothing
Yes you heard me right, draw out some ideas and go through with it! Whether it be purses, pants, shirts or even socks try to make something! (then use that embroidery talent you just gained and decorate them! People love to by home/handmade stuff. So just add your own touch your own personal flair!)
5. Read
You heard me. You have that library card hidden in your wallet, well now is the time of our discontent... haha no! Now is the time of our card swipping, library checking out! Those librarians will love to see your beautiful face everyday asking for new things to read, learn, listen to and watch. Plus they have books there on drawing and how to make a bird house and even how to create your own super computer.. haha ok not that but how to fix your computer *for dummies! ;) of course*
6. Eat lots of watermelon
In keeping with my sometimes spastic and random behavior I put this on her list. haha I love watermelon and the best time to eat it is in the summer. First because it is messy so eat outside and second it is in season.
7. Play in the mud
While this is not always easy to do, if there is mud have some fun. Or! If you have a sprinkler play in that, or a pool... or a lake... or an ocean if you are that special.
8. Say the same thing as your bestest friend
Accidentally of course.
9. Browse: Napster, Pandora, Youtube, Jango, or preferred music median
Find new and interesting bands, listen to them, and if you like them and gots da monjies support them by buying a song or two. Or album or two.. haha
10. Write a love song
How can you be bored after this extensive list, unless the list is boring, but the activities are not I know. So write a love song about your love: a human, an apple (of your eye! haha pun..), your loverly doggy, your truck, your laptop, the table your laptop is on, the trees, a pretty purple flower, your electric handmixer... your toothbrush! or the toilet bowl scrubber.. anything that you love or take for granted and without life would be harder.. haha yay!
11. Watch a movie
Try a black and white, watch an old Hepburn, watch something you have never seen, watch your favorite movie over and over so you remember and anticipate more lines than you thought you could hold in your brain, watch a western, watch John Wayne, watch Smoke Signals and sing along to John Waynes Teeth, Watch a musical, Watch all the versions of a movie based on a book.... endless possibilities (including tv shows)
12. Learn a Silly Dance
Like the Cha-Cha or the electric slide, the Charlie Brown, the Macarena, or create your own!
13. Bake in the Kitchen
Learn a new cookie recipe, create a new recipe, eat some random things in the kitchen, make some chicken cordon bleu or chicken fried rice.. you know yummy stuff.
14. Clean and Organize
I know how dreadfully boring, why would I even suggest it? Because some people need to clean so why not ogranize too and make things nice and organize in a cool way. Some way new if you do organize.
15. Commit to Bordem
Just commit to being bored, which is not hard and so should be easy and boring. So if none of these appeal to you then I am sorry just give me more ideas. Really, fun things to do when bored are good. Like a board game, card game, or hopscotch, jumprope, poi, or even surfing blogs...
And the grand thing! Most of these are things that can be done all year long.
Websites to cure bordem:
www.youtube.com/photosidecafe
http://www.bored.com/
http://www.neopets.com/
http://www.orisinal.com/
http://www.facebook.com/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.free.napster.com/
and last but definitly not least:
http://www.pandora.com/
♥Carollela
No comments:
Post a Comment