Not that anyone reads this, but me when I am bored. But sometimes it is fun to write nonsense on here and think that others read it. It is sorta like writing a book. Especially like writing a book, but more specifically like writing an auto-biography.
However similar a blog is to an auto-biography there is one major difference that sets them apart. And it is not the Internet. People who write auto-biographies usually know their stuff is going to be read. Because most people ho write about themselves already know their place in society, they have money, and understand their place in the food chain. While I, little ol' me just write a blog for the heck of it, thinking that maybe someone I know will read it.
I do not have the fantasy illusions that one day my blog will be come famous and many people will follow me wondering what will happen next in my life. Neither do I believe that people will subscribe because they like the information I put on here, or the articles... or pictures.. or whatever. No. I write this mostly for myself and secondly for those I know.
Granted those I know, other than close family and friends, couldn't give a flying hoot about the nuances of my daily life.
So I digress, writing a blog is like writing a book, except you do not have to have a specific topic in mind. Granted many do. You can find blogs on fashion, celebrities, crafting, science experiments, and then you find the many like mine that are random, boring, and about normal everyday people. And in such a world who wants to hear about the stupid little things of a normal life? Most want glamour, pizazz, gun-fights and the like. That is why TV gets so much attention. Sure some is real but most if played on and pushed your imagination. To read a blog, a book, or watch something most just want to escape from the mundane of everyday into the exciting of somewhere or something else.
When writing a book one does not truly know how well it will go over in the literary community. Did J.K Rowling know Harry Potter would do so well? Or did she just have those 7 or 8 books of the series as an idea because she liked it? Did Jane Austen know that Pride and Prejudice would become one of the most prolific romance stories of all time? Did Stephen King know that his thrillers would scare more than just his family who read the stories? Did he know that many of this books would become movies and TV shows?
Most writers probably did not. I am writing a book with a friend and we like it so far, and so has the people who have read it. However other than the family and friends and teachers who we know will want a copy (mostly because they can say "Look my friend, or my daughter or my student wrote this and got it published!") and will probably like it because we wrote it, I do not know how many will read it. Just as I do not know how many will ever read my blog. (Granted who would want to sit and actually read through all this garbage? I mean really? Do I like to write as if it is a college text book or what? Ay yi yi, and I thought only those crazy people could write 250 pages on one small topic... look at me go.)
Now assuming you sat through and read all that nonsense, which if I thought about it I am sure could add on to, I shall big you adieu and go read one of the 7 books I am reading.
~Carollela ♥~
No comments:
Post a Comment