Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh my Goodness My...

Here this WILL get stuck in your head. haha
This is by the band Darcy and they are awesome.

Darcy intricately weave different styles of music together to make a lovely symphonic noise. Like other bands they use guitars, drums, and singers but they also have a piano, glockenspiel, catchy lyrics and silly dancing that all blend together for wonderful melodious music. Mixing barber-shop quartet style music with rock and pop they have a unique musical sound.

Now that I wrote what sounds like a perfect article you should check out their music. Also if you are bored and have time on the internet go to: http://www.darcyband.com/ . Which if you couldn’t tell is their website.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zqwGsndwqQ&feature=related

Not only was Darcy awesome but the reason why their band is named Darcy is pretty sweet. You would think they are named Darcy after a girl but no, that is not it. They are named after one my favorite literary characters: Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. How wonderful is that? If you did not already like their music; all Austen lovers will fall more in love with them now.

__________________________________________________________________
Darcy was not the only band I saw at Cornerstone Music Festival. There were many bands, some new and some old that I believe rocked the C-Stone stages.

One such band was Rodent Emporium. They are a punk, rock band from Scotland. In fact they leave for Scotland in August. (I wanna go! haha)

I also saw Photoside Cafe. Another great band. (www.photosidecafe.com) They have a blend of rock with a violin in there. (And their violinist's talent is explosive!)

Of larger bands, more well known, I saw Flatfoot 56. I fell asleep to them playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes with the whole crowd singing along! How "Amazing"! haha
I also saw Family Force 5 and Relient K. And yes I joined in the jumping. haha

Well that is not all of my Cornerstone experience and I am sure I have more but I shall go watch How to Steal a Million with Audrey Hepburn.
~Carollela

No comments: