Friday, July 10, 2009

Mas Cornerstone

I noticed that on my post about Cornerstone (not that anyone but me is reading these but hey that is cool I will have them later) but I digress. In my post about Cornerstone I did not mention either the Alive band or Men As Trees Walking. They are both wonderful worship bands. Here is a link for Men as Trees Walking.
http://www.menastreeswalking.net/revradio/audio.html
I like Men As Trees Walking. Sarah and I went to see them, well I dragged her along and I went because they sounded interesting. I mean really, how many times will you see a band with a name like "Men as Trees Walking". Well nonetheless they were awesome. Did I mention yet the little fact about their lead singer dude? No? Oh well listening to them his voice sounded familiar, and finally I recognized who it sounded like.
Here is what happened:
*Brain power working its magic..... hmm this sounds familiar... I like the music.... they say Adonai often, I like that... POW*
"Sarah"
"Yeah"
"Does his voice sound familiar?"
"Hmm.. I think so.. but maybe not...."
"Yes it does... think.. Labyrinth."
"Umm..."
"He sounds like David Bowe!! He sings the 'who do voodoo' song on labyrinth."
"OH yeah! He does sound like him!"
"Yeah and he even dresses a little like that, and he is prolly around that age.... ok well probably younger or else God made him younger looking."
"Oh my he does! He could be that age, he doesn't look that old but he does look older... since that is his son."

So that is how our conversation almost went, I kinda elaborated and gave Sarah more lines. haha It was mostly me saying "wow he sounds like David Bowe from Laybrinth, doesn't he?" And Sarah agreeing. It was slightly strange but pretty cool. Don't believe me go listen.

Ok Alive Band.
They can be found on Myspace, however you have to choose the right band and their one song that keeps popping into my head is only a 30 second clip. :( But if you are looking on their picture it is big blue words of ALIVE and behind that many times over "not dead"

The song that keeps getting stuck in my head: ALIVE
I am not dead
I am Alive
I am ALIVE

I loved the worship sessions that the Alive band had before and after the Breakaway sessions. Which reminds me, I have two dvds from that to watch. When you go to Breakaway the idea is to go for all three days. And it is not like they have 5 hour long sessions, I mean really.

First Session
Life After High School
-Make friends
-Be out going (ish?)
The more you try and get out there the better it will be for you.

Second Session
C.S. Lewis and Evangilism
-The Silver Chair (I believe it was this one..) and evangelism
-You will not always get it spot on
-Be human, don't talk all droidy, space station, better than you.. get on their level
-Acknowledge when you are wrong
-They will see a change

Third Session
Traa from POD
-Discipleship is hard
-Working in the mainstream is not always so "beautiful"
-People are influenced by what we do
-And Yes Welch is cool

So those are the session in a synapsis from my point of view.

I am getting tired now and I am going to finish talking to a few people and signing off.
Idea for next blog: My bordem with creating album covers...

♥Carollela

No comments: