Well on Sunday my family brought me back to campus. Back to my, now, well known little corner of learning. I'm back in my educational niche. Not that I don't love my family, but I well do, but it is more of a 'I'm tired of certain people and organizations back home.' Dealio.
As I said, my family brought me to campus. However, different than usual it was not my father who drove me back. My mum, aunt and cousin, with myself of course, piled into my uncles van and drove here.
I've learned through this why it is normal for my dad to bring me to campus rather than my mum. (And this reason is not because I love my mom more. That's a lie.)
Nope, my dad brings me because it is harder to separate from my ma. It's kinda like I miss her more.
Onto the topic I wanted to talk about. My cousin left me a note, here attached.
"Caroll Ann,
You are only allowed to lose your temper once a week. Check under your bed for monsters & say 'pretty' everyday! (heart) Mon Chou"
Well.. I lost my temper today, so I guess that is once for the week. What happened?
I didn't yell at anyone in general, just "people."
I don't like them. People that is. (And yet I want to be a teacher... but hey, kids are people they are monsters right? Nope, not really...)
Anywho, it's a decent story, one where I am walking to my chapel seat and suddenly the tightness of people makes me claustrophobic and I freak out... not by yelling but my squirming through them to get to air.
Well I accidentally bump a girl, by bump I mean a jostle but nothing earthshaking. And she immediately responds "weeeeelll EXCUSE YOU!" I would have turned around and say "opps I am sorry I have jostled your personal bubble, let me please walk away so your force field can return to its shape." But since she had to bring out her attitude I ignored her and walked away. I wanted to say some fancy words and show her the kindness of my FIST but I didn't. I walked away...
PEOPLE WHEN SOMEONE BUMPS INTO YOU LET IT BE! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS ON THEIR MIND OR WHERE THEY ARE GOING OR EVEN IF THEY ARE CLAUSTROPHOBIC! Golly!
And so I recounted all this to Danette and was so upset my voice was pretty loud. Her response "Caroll, be quiet all of campus can hear you."
No, I will shout my anger to the world. You do not act like that lady. That is disrespectful on all accounts. Sure my bumping her was not nice, but when you don't give a person a chance to respond and attack with attitude you shouldn't expect me to say I am sorry.
Now, thinking about this... I probably should have said sorry anyways. However my dislike of groups was overwhelming. It's not very nice to just walk away, even if they don't DESERVE an apology, you should still give it.
My lesson:
Be courteous to all; you never know when someone will be disrespectful to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment