Monday, March 21, 2011

And the crush award goes to.....

Drum roll please.
*pbpbpbpbppbpbpbbpbpbpb* (yes that is drumroll)

Okay so I feel a little awkward around the geology people. There are only a few of them... and by few I mean... 8-15?

Well if I had to say I had a crush on any of them it would be one. We will just call him Geology-Boy. (And really since most don't read this and I know Devan likes to and blah, I am telling this all to her mostly. But hey! If you want to read it, comment, make your guess about who or advice /whatnot I will read it. )

But yeah, alas Geology-Boy is leaving after this year.

Another thing, I hope I can fit in and make a nice transition from Education to Geology. It's not that the only thing I want is acceptance, however I do want that.

I know everyone wants acceptance. I have been told I try to hard to acceptance and recognition, so... on my list of things to work on (or change in my personality) one is that.

So far this is what I gotta fix:
- Use Tact
- Don't be so angry
- Don't be so upfront with people (goes with tact) tell the truth but gently
- study hard
- Practice patience
- learn tolerance of others
- accept other's ideas
- accept when I'm wrong
- don't get super defensive
- listen more than talk
-Don't act arrogant
- don't act like a know-it-all
- don't jump to conclusions
- give more people the benefit of the doubt
-In a whole become a saint

Basically... change all of who I am, quiet my voice, and learn to not upset anyone...
How stupid. I know I have an abrasive personality; and yeah everyone has faults, but sometimes I feel like the social pressures I feel, while maybe imagined I know quite a few on that list friends have told me to fix.

Okay, I don't want to change all of who I am, that SUCKS and none of my other friends have to so why do I? I don't understand but I guess I am the worst? I dunno, maybe I am just the only one who doesnt want to be rude, who wants friendships to run smoother... or maybe everyone else is better. Maybe everyone else has peachy friendships and no problems.

Maybe it sounds like (to me and yea sure this is bias and most likely exaggerated) everyone else thinks they are better.

Or maybe I just feel like they think that, and through me asking them if I am rude they have finally told me the truth. Maybe no one else wants to ask questions for the truth.

Why?

No comments: