For me I cannot separate the two.
For others they cannot even put them in the same ballpark.
But why?
I went to church this past Sunday, at my home church, for the first time since Christmas. I do enjoy the company of the people there, usually, but this time I was "assaulted" for two reasons.
1.) I was reading the Shack. Most people in my church who have read it enjoyed the book and that it made them think. (I finished it last night and loved it. I really loved the emphasis on the relationship aspect of God, the humanity and deity of Christ, and the interaction of God and man.)
2.) I go to a Christian college. I am a science major. "Do they teach evolution?" "You know there is no such thing as evolution?"
Well.. no, as a science major the inner scientist in me understands that there is a such thing. The spirit in my though doesn't quite know how to combine them yet. Not yet.
Do you have any ideas about this?
Maybe there is a way that both can occur and we are in the time where the church balks at any thought.
~Carollela~
1 comment:
mmm...that has been the clincher question for hundreds of years and, like you, I believe in both God and science. I believe that if you're willing, the two can coincide, even be a tool of understanding for each other. But if you mean that people are "assaulting" you through questioning you...I think that it's a normal thing simply because not everyone thinks along the same line as you or I. I commend you for being open-minded enough to let both God and science mingle. And I especially commend you for asking yourself questions and pondering over how other people see God and science.
Post a Comment