Monday, March 7, 2011

Facebook Crap

I had a friend put this as their status today:

I am a beautiful and intelligent person with a great personality. I'm not conceited. I accept anybody, no matter their beliefs, views, or attitudes about anything. I don't judge anyone. Period. I am a great friend. I am quiet, but I have a great sense of humor and love to good off. That's who I am, like it or leave it.

Well....
1.) This does sound conceited to me, maybe because I know the person... or maybe because I can see all the other self-centered status' they throw out there...

2.) I see the benefits in accepting anything/anyone... but as a Christian that can get you in trouble. You can accept that the believe it, but you shouldn't settle for that. You should show them your side with the logic God gave you.

I heard once, a person tell me "God is not logical." Well that makes no dandy sense... I mean if God's not logical how did he create math? Or science? Or order? How did he make order out of chaos without logic?

"He's not logical, he's spiritual."

Okay... hmm... no. and yes. He is BOTH logical and spiritual. I underlined and bolded for your emphasis. Do you get it yet?


SO!! the point. I took her status and re-wrote it to be my personality.
Have joy:

I am a beautiful and intelligent person with a great personality. I am usually conceited. I do not accept anybody; thought I'll listen to your point of view. I judge people all the time, doesn't mean I'm right. I am a good friend trying to get better. I am loud, and have a dry sense of humour. I like to get my work done, and then goof off. That's who I am, like it or leave it.


~Carollela~

2 comments:

Enuk said...

I don't know if you wanted anyone to comment on your blog, but I don't think you'd mind me throwing in some of my own thoughts. First of all, I don't think that it's a Christians duty to be unsettled by the people who are different around them. In fact, I believe we are called to accept people for who they are (as you mentioned) but let them learn about God through the actions and love that go UNSAID. I think that we would do better to show Christ through acceptance and love rather than rebuke and love. Someone once gave this example to me, lets say you have glitter covering your body and your spiritual self. And so everyone you meet touches you and you touch them in some quiet, inconspicuous manner...you might have not said a single word to them but a little bit of that glitter rubs off onto their fingers or clothes. You might not even notice when it happens, but it does.
And something else that I thought about was your comment about God being logical. I'm actually more inclined to believe that He really is more illogical to us (not saying he doesn't use structure and wisdom, because that's talked about throughout the entire Bible). God might have everything mapped out and know everything to a T, but that kind of understanding goes beyond math or science. So, I can see why your friend would say something like "God is not logical" because people all throughout the Bible had trouble understanding God's logic. Issac was asked to sacrifice his only son, he had no idea why God would ask him to do that...it made no sense, but he did know that God had a plan much bigger than his imperfect understanding and before the night was over his questions were answered and his promises were delivered. I guess it would depend a lot on whether or not your friend believes in God. If s/he doesn't then that takes the conversation to an entirely different level. Because if they were trying to say that God, or a higher intelligence, couldn't have had anything to do with a logical creation of the world or human beings - then I would disagree. It would make more sense to believe that a higher intelligence played a role in our creation because everything has to come from something else, therefore what happens when we get down to the most simple organism? Someone had to have created it. There is always a design behind each design. And without a higher power you'd eventually get to a point where the thing at the bottom most wrung had to have a birth, or a genesis. Anyway, I think I'm starting to head onto a different topic all together. I was in a very contemplative mood this evening, so take each thought with a grain of salt, but they are true thoughts and things that I myself have pondered over. Have a fantastic evening, I'll see you soon.

Chelsea said...

i like this, i normally don't comment on blogs, let alone keep up with my own but this one stuck to me... first off, i can name a number of "friends" that could have that as a status and then i have friends who fit that status but would never write that, since they are far too humble... Enuk has some good points with showing God's love through actions, instead of just telling people what to do.. they get defensive and think of you as a bad guy that way, trust me i know... but overall i like this entry cuz its short, simple, and too the point, like everything else you do X3 haha! i love you, and we should hang out sometime! i never get to see you anymore! <3