At the end of all rainbows there are the dark clouds of light.
I want to believe that everything will be alright, but when I am invited to do something with friends and them I am forgotten it is hard to think things will be alright. Especially if I wasn't really invited, rather I brought the activity and it is assumed that I am "invited", rather than the started of it today. I know this makes no sense... let me think of something to explain this... um.
Okay! Here, a situation, lets say I have some ping-pong paddles in my backpack and after the line dies down and the table is open we go to play and I play a 5 minute game. Being the one who brought the paddles I want to play a little longer, but after 5 minutes I am kicked out and another kid is brought in to play. Being a friend, I am kind and step back, but can't help but feel a little hurt. Maybe I am over reacting, I bet I am, as I always do.
What to do?
Pretend things are okay, act like I am tired and go do homework but actually write my upset feelings on a silly little blog? Lame. I know. I am more lame than the term lame itself.
Here's to hoping God brings me more peace with myself to know that I am secure in who I am.
~Carollela~
1 comment:
Dear Westley,
I love you. Next time I hypothetically hog the ping pong paddles, please smack me over the head. You are, in my opinion, right in this situation. You did bring them and had every right to play. Just be more assertive. I know it sucks to have to invite yourself, but it sure beats sitting out...and I love your company! Especially in hypothetical ping pong matches.
Love,
Inigo
Post a Comment