I love it. I love the snow. I don't like wind, I don't like sleet, but the rain and snow are beautiful. The blizzard, while sure it hurts in the face is oh so fun to walk through! It is a wonderful trek that I would do again... except with my Chem Goggles on as eye protection. (Hey, I may be from Wisconsin but I don't own ski goggles. I'm like a duck on ice with skis.)
I decided to grab my phone and take some snapshots... this is the window in our apartment. For scale, as all geologists do, is the large candle in the right corner. Mmm pumpkin spice.
This here is going outside, see all the snow around the doorway? So awesome I know. There is more snow outside than on the pathways beyond our apartment though.
This is the driveway. Well. Parking lot... but hey, I call dorms apartments now so give me some leeway.
Sarah, Emily and Danette. I would say they were working but I think the only one doing actual work was maybe Danette because she was reading Thomas Aquinas. Hiding from the snow. [=
This here, oh dear me, these are my wonderful friends. (And Sarah's head...) they trekked through the snow to hang out with us in our apartment. What beautiful people. They are all entranced in Pride and Prejudice, as you can tell. The one in the forefront, he is the main reason we are watching this... he is Mr.Darcy. And yes, I will agree with Danette on this.
Sarah, Emily and Danette. I would say they were working but I think the only one doing actual work was maybe Danette because she was reading Thomas Aquinas. Hiding from the snow. [=
This here, oh dear me, these are my wonderful friends. (And Sarah's head...) they trekked through the snow to hang out with us in our apartment. What beautiful people. They are all entranced in Pride and Prejudice, as you can tell. The one in the forefront, he is the main reason we are watching this... he is Mr.Darcy. And yes, I will agree with Danette on this.
And just for the heck of it. Brandon was trash-talking Nic the other day at dinner and Nic got tired of it. Josh layed down the rules and they wrestled in the snow. This one Brandon still has his jacket on. I hear the second wrestle was the best, but I only caught part of this one. Warning.... Brandon, when upset likes to say colorful words. We're working on making him "civilized" in his word choices, and man is he better, but it takes time.
~Carollela~
2 comments:
Lol, Thomas Aquinas is pretty intense reading for a day off. Where is this? Here in Indy we had pure ice. We did a lot of research and sledding here, video at bottom: http://bit.ly/gc02L5
My friend was reading Thomas Aquinas for her class on, would you know it, Thomas Aquinas. I reside in Central Illinois though, and we did get a good amount of snow. Not the massive blizzard I expect but snow nonetheless.
Post a Comment