This past weekend I had the privilege to be the "bartender" at Danette's littlest sister (Brena)'s birthday party. And by bartender I mean, I made the hot chocolate for the youngsters.
Brena turned 8 years old... It's been so long, almost 12 years since I have 8 years old. Wow... Even my littlest sister is no longer 8, she is now... 14. Sometimes I feel old, and I'm only 19, I can't imagine looking at life with the perspective of my mother or sisters since I don't have an older sibling.
Well I consider Danette my sister. And I find it silly when people say "you're like my sister/brother" because they love you and you get along well. To those people I say, HAVE YOU NEVER HAD A SIBLING?! Really? Siblings bicker and nit pick all the time, and under it all they still love each other. Which is why I can consider Danette my sibling. We fight. We hug. We bicker. We love. We have a dynamic relationship. Granted I know pretty much all of her family and she knows almost none of mine... buy hey! She's Facebook friends with them.
All this to say: To truly consider a friend a sibling you must love them and hate them simultaneously. And by hate, I just mean fight with. And by fight with I mean bicker about little things.
Pictures:
1.) Lining up to play "Tape the shield on the knight"
2.) Danette putting the blindfold on one of the girls
3.) Spinning a little boy, they decided 8 spins since Brena was turning 8.
4.) The delicious strawberry cupcakes with pink strawberry heart shaped marshmallows on top.
I have more pictures but, alas, I am too lazy to put them up.


A thirty second video... those kids are fairly loud eh? ;D
~Carollela~


No comments:
Post a Comment