Day 97: August 16th
The last of my movies. A slightly sad feels comes upon me, for I have undertaken such an excursion in the realm of movies that dabbled in so many themes and genres. And yet it was still, only fifty movies. I am slightly sad that it comes to an end but I am very pleased that I actually went through with this. It is the only of any of my summer goals that got finished.
I have heard from family members different reviews about the movie "The Book of Eli." Some said the movie was okay, could have been better and they had wondered why they stayed up late to watch it. Others, well they couldn't believe I hadn't seen it. So I decided to end my movies on what could be a high note, maybe. At least end it on a bang.
Do know though, that when my sister Sarah was watching this, and so I saw about 15 of the beginning minutes, I had already said enough logical "mumbo jumbo" that Sarah called me Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. I also came to the conclusion that I didn't really like the music in the beginning. It sorta grates my nerves.
(After the rest of the day)
It Is Done!
I enjoyed the movie. You slowly learn about the man, Eli and what he is doing and by the end things become clear. There are some very obvious things when the movie starts, for example it becomes clear very quickly what the book is. But who Eli is becomes clear slowly. However you never really know how the end of the world came about. But you can only guess. ;) Other than the music the only other thing I disliked, of note, was the brightness. I understand, that end of the world movies are usually always dark and dim and desolate, but sometimes defining the person from the background was hard.
MPAA Rating: R for Brutal Violence and Language
My Rating:
~Carollela~
No comments:
Post a Comment