Day 85: August 3rd
So today my cousin wanted to go to two places:
-A&W Restuarant
-Mars Cheese Palace
Yes, two of the greatest Wisconsin things... ever!! Cheese and root-beer.
Well... before we went to A&W for dinner we went to the Marcus to see a movie, and out of them all we choose this one.
I didn't actually know what to expect, and "saw" the trailer on the way there, however without sound since Adam's iPhone is being stupid. However it had Steve Carell, and I like him as an actor.
So after the movie is actually when I heard all the review.. of my immediate circle of people I have heard a few say the loved it and others who hated it. I did enjoy the movie. And while Barrie was a slightly infuriating character I do believe Darla was the worst. Geez! She was like a sex-crazed, roleplay fetish maniac who needed a psych profile and some heavy drugs...
However I do know that there are people out there like her, but also more importantly, like the other characters in the movie. There are those power hungry men who love to make fun of those "less important" than them, rejected outcasts who want to fit in but don't know how, weird artist, and kind people who want in with the power-hungry men because they believe it will give them standing, power, and respect.
So will this movie change anyones ideals for others? Maybe not. Will it show some people that even if a person is totally strange (and I am referencing the pet psycho lady) that they are still human? Eh, It could. However the real question is: Will it entertain? And the answer to this is a resounding yes; at least some.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for Sequences of Crude and Sexual Content, Some Partial Nudity and Language
My Rating: 9/10 for a funny, inventive, albeit odd movie.
~Carollela~
No comments:
Post a Comment