Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jesus, Sweet Lord

Dear Jesus,
You amaze me. Constantly you show me your glory, forgiveness and love everyday in every way. You reunite me with friends from the past whose lives have been drastically changed. In fact, I have been drastically changed. You astound me in the ways you have taken my life and turned it around, for your glory. I am not completely there yet, but I will be.

Your love amazes me. Just the fact that you would love me... me!! Jesus, thank you for caring. For dying when you did nothing, when it should have been me. Thank you for taking on my pain, my shame and my guilt. Thank you for conquering and rising again.

Thank you for the sky and it's beauty. For the clouds that are fun to watch. For the rain that falls from above like little taps from heaven on my shoulder.

Thank you for the trees and the oxygen they give. Thank you for the plants and the food we receive. Thank you for the flowers and their beauty, their scent and colors.

Thank you for your peace that conquers all. Your love that has no end. Your joy that comes with the morning.

Jesus, Lover of my soul
Jesus, I will never let you go
You've taken me from the miry clay
set my feet upon the rock and now I know
I love you
I need you
though my world may fall I'll never let you go
My saviour
My closest friend
I will worship you until the very end

Love,
Carollela <3

No comments: