Dear World,
Today I have decided to write you a letter of encouragement. A letter that contains encouragement in perseverance, wisdom, and courage. Encouragement in study, in praise and worship. Encouragement in trust, love, and joy.
Here are some Scriptures for a few things, things that sometimes we all need to hear. We need to be reminded of the love of our Saviour and why he cares, and we need to be reminded to keep on trusting.
Perseverance:
Romans 5: 3-5 (NIV)
"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
How amazing is that!? God, the creator of the entire universe, has poured our his Holy Spirit on our hearts. He has sent his Holy Ghost to come and "shadow" our lives, he is living in us, with us, around us and through us. Is this not a good reason to keep on?
With perseverance, the act of keeping on, we gain character.
Character, who we are, what makes us "us", the separation of us from everyone else, is gained through trials. Trials we go through and are subjected to, but when we make it through (as we always will, even if not always in the best shape, we make it through because God only gives us what we can deal with.)
By making it through the fire we are given a hope. We may be busted and bruised, beaten and torn down but we weathered the storm. Making it through we know we are safe from that behind us and also know that we made it through with the help of our Lord. What better reason to hope and praise and be joyful than the fact that Jesus is ALWAYS there for us?
"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may also be. And you know the way where I am going. Thomas said to him 'Lord, we do not know where you are going, how do we know the way?' Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me.'" John 14: 1-6
As the saying goes "Jesus is the Reason for the Season"
And not only his he the reason for the Christmas joy that seems to show up this time of year but he is responsible for the real seasons changing, the seasons of fall, summer and spring too. So
in this time of rush and hurry,
take a break and don't let life flurry,
past your face
This isn't a race,
Just a closer walk with God.
Carollela <3
No comments:
Post a Comment