Song 1999: All Star
Artist: Smash Mouth
Album: Astro Lounge
I made it to the 90's! Time to do a little happy dance! (insert John Green Happy Dance for lack of video of own asofyetuncreatedhappydance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugD85TYiqDs tada!)
So yeah! I bet you are wondering what is so special about today, I mean it cannot only be because of the 90's... oh yes it can!
Okay so maybe it is also special because I can now put up some of my favorite bands of the latest and greatest 90's... yeah true, the 90's were known for cooler things than their music... Like movies!
Anyone seen: The Shawshank Redemption, Lion King, Nightmare Before Christmas, Titanic, Forrest Gump, The Matrix or Toy Story?
Hakuna Matata
But why did I choose Smash Mouth for 1999? There had to have been better bands, even if their music is still used all the time in movies (Shrek Reference) and they are still making cds...
I actually used to own this CD. It has long since been missing. Nostalgia moment of weakness... Not! While I don't listen to them all the time, I do still enjoy their crazy pop-y-ness.
Jump the link for some insane cameos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E
Jump the link, a shark might eat you: http://grooveshark.com/album/Astro+Lounge/108895?src=5
~Carollela~
1 comment:
Great band, great song. If you had selected 'I Want It That Way' I would have virtually slapped you. lol
Also, looking forward to these 90's songs... keep them coming.
\m/ ^.^ \m/
Post a Comment