Today is Thanksgiving. Yay!
While the idea of Thanksgiving is wonderful and splendorous the actual performance of this holiday and be less than... perfect.
Being a college student, granted a first year, I have been away from family since school started. I have not been home, till now, for about 3 months. That really is not that long of a time, but when you go home... You remember one of a few things (or a combination)
1.) Why you left.
- You remember why you left the house. Be it for selfish reason, familiar reasons, or just to see somewhere new.
2.) The nuances of your family.
- You remember those stories about your uncle. the silly little things your sisters do that get on your nerves, the tedious way your uncle picks a fight with anyone near, or the way your grandparents always seem to ask questions and tease you about any little thing, while forgetting what they just said.....
3.) What you were thankful for both on and off campus
-You are thankful for comfortable beds, good food, the leisure of relaxing while not having Chemistry
- You are thankful for the friends you meet on campus, the almost boring daily routines of work, class, lunch, and Wal*Mart.
4.) You remember the things at home you are secretly thankful for, but dislike
-Chores, they are tedious and even when you go home you are forced to do them...
So on this day of Thanksgiving I am thankful for:
Thankful Praise
In this time, of great thanks
I offer up this small praise
For you are Lord
And love to hear
All about the news
Down here
Thank you for the Turkey
Thank you for the Ham
For the little berries
And that yummy jam
I really love the food
and the family too
so Thank you Lord
For coming, Just for me
I love you.
A poem, not the best, that I just wrote on the spot...
Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving with whomever your crazy family may be.
Carollela <3>
No comments:
Post a Comment