So my friend Danette writes poetry. Actually she writes a lot of poetry now. She is setting a goal to write 365 poems. =D Well I love to write, I love to read too. Reading her poetry has made me want to write again, but I cannot commit to writing anything as large as my story with Bekka yet. So I started writing my poetry again. Danette writes all her poetry in couplets, why? Well to her all poetry needs to rhyme or else it is not poetry. While she can appreciate some free verse *which is majority of my writing* she prefers and likes your work more if it is in couplets. So I tell her she writes in coupleture. So here is my attempt at writing in couplets. I thought that rather than putting this in my folder and hiding it from the world, or putting it up in Facebook I would start writing in my Blog again. So here it goes, an attempt at my poetry.
And if you didn't noticed yesterday I put up a poem about my blog to kick off my restart of blog-yness... not that I will write in here consistently.
Sanctified
When you're cleansed and you know
The Lord above loves you so
You feel as if a weight has been
Lifted off your shoulders by him
He loves you dearly so
And wants you to really know
That he cares
And he shares
His grace and mercy from above
His radiance and great love
So run to him with arms open wide
He will help you cross sin's divide
He descended from up above
And by the cross he shows his love
So be ready to tell him true
If you want his love to change you
~Carollela <3
No comments:
Post a Comment