Finally! Access to a computer! I know, I work with them everyday and I even am trying to write a blog for work..... but I haven't been on a computer in a while. Facebook I check on my phone and all that. So now I can try and capture the essence of what the Transit Event was like...Are you ready? I'll try and capture it in 5 words.
1.) Amazing
2.) Hectic
3.) Seismic
4.) Awe-Inspiring
5.) Challanging
Planning this event was crazy, and I wasn't even in charge. I can only guess how hectic it was for those who knew more than I.... wow. But it went really well. I heard almost 300 people came!
Lets just make this easy, here are some pictures that I took at the event.
 |
| I was going to do a planet walk showing the relative size of the planets. I only set up the inner planets and made it self guided. |
 |
| Sunspots! Before the transit started we set up the solarscopes and used sunspots to focus them. |
 |
| Family Activities set up on the path to the South Building |
 |
| The sign Christy made for her telescope. |
 |
| Live Feed from the Mauna Kea observatory in Hawaii |
 |
| Oh Brittnay. |
 |
| Transit Started! See that little bump on the bottom, that is Venus! |
 |
| Towards the end of the night the sun was going behind the trees. Last glimpse of Venus before the sun was too low. |
 |
| Pre-Sunset the large black dot is Venus! Hard to imagine that Venus is the same size as Earth!! |
 |
| Bob is being helpful as a tripod. He made solar filters for his binoculars! |
 |
| Then I rode on the motorcycle with dad. Mom and the sisters were in the car. Went for a trip to Racine to visit a friend. |
 |
And finally I made some tea. Recipe for sucess: Earl Grey, Sugar and Milk.
|
~Carollela~
No comments:
Post a Comment