Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Surgeon General Warning:

...Smoking biological parts may be deleterious to ones health and is not advised; may lead to cancer, crazy eyes, exhaustion or fits of laughter.


Today was a terrible day.

So maybe the whole thing was not terrible, however there were some major ups and major downs.

I was supposed to wake up at 7am, not that early... but I couldn't do it and I woke up at 8. I had one hour to take a shower, get ready, check my emails, get things prepared and get to Reed to set up for the 5th graders coming to campus at 9:30.

When I left my apartment it was raining and because I am in Central Illinois there was wind. Lots of wind. So I slipped on mud on the already slippery sidewalk and faceplanted. Well... now one side of my pants is lighter colored...

Then I taught some 5th graders about biomes. Bombed a biology lab exam. And ate lunch.

Being the flighty person I am I couldn't even work on a lot of homework today. It is a gloomy day to match my poor attitude.

BUT! Thank God for friends.
I was with my friend Natalie as she was studying for the biology lab exam (that I know she will ace! Go Natalie!!) and after a few hours of that we were both pretty loop... The series of pictures you will not see is what happened. (Only the last picture is mine, seeing as how my artistic abilities are minimal I only drew a microscope and a crazy guy pulling his hair out. It is Natalie's smoking guy that made my day.)
At first there was just a crazy guy but after Rachel and I mentioned how the guy looked like he were high on something she decided to elaborate.
Crazy eyes.... oy.

There are so many words in that cloud... As Natalie said: he was smoking a mixture of a bunch of biology things, including fetal pigs, muscles, bones, brain parts, kidney parts, tissues... etc.
And amongst all the dissections are small "help"s.

Think it's helping him?

~Carollela~

No comments: