Monday, April 4, 2011

Poetry

So maybe I am not a poet,

at least not by trait

poems seem to

escape

from me when I least

expect them

So here are a few I found. (What I was going to post can be found here: http://carollelaspot.blogspot.com/2010/10/prodigal-child.html You should read it, especially if you want a look at how I feel often. That and I must admit... it is very eloquent.)

1.) Inside Out

The outside isn’t the same;

Feeling different and changed

For who I am is not who you see

The girl that I am is hidden inside me

He knows who I am, and where I’m from

He will come sometime and bring me home

For I am his bride

From him I cannot hide

I praise you Lord, for all that you are

In my darkness you are the morning star

All I can is sing to you

You’re always there seeing me through

2.) Directions

I don’t know what to do,
I know who I am
Not who I am becoming

I know where I am
But not where I am going

I know what I want
But not what I need

Is this strange?
No, I am not unusual

Instead of pining
For lost love
I pine for a lost
Identity

Not identity
But a real
Me
I
I want to know what to do
I want a plan
A road map
Some signs
Perfect directions
Not half of a map
I have directions
And a key
A map
And me
But what I need is you here to
Decide which road
Which exit to go


3.) And... a few 6 word stories

  • She lie down, crying and died.
  • He wanders the night, dreams haunting.
  • Along the Boulevard I sang aloud.
  • The baby cried and none came.
  • In the Dark, my Light shines.
  • The train stops suddenly... she departs. (Mom)
  • Those people have lots of paper. (Mary)
  • She that mourneth, has no reason.

Okay, so I just filled this blog with some things I found on my computer while cleaning it. Also, I am still missing my flashdrive.


~Carollela~

No comments: