The 'boring' time in my life. Not really though, there is always something to do. I try not to say I'm bored though... I grew up with a few words being 'no-no's'.
Boring.
Promise.
Hate.
All are words with such power.
Boring:
Have you ever told your parents you were bored? What did they say? Mine always told me "there are chores you could be doing." or "go outside and explore."
I think they may have forgotten that there are fewer places to explore now. Everything has been torn down to make room for more houses, more parking lots, more more more. Our consumerist society is taking away the outdoors from children, the adults are taking away the outdoors withing walking distance. (Not to be biased: we are also contributing to the destruction of nature.)
They are making parks the place to go for nature. Then they turn around and complain that children are 'dumber,' 'less active,' 'absorbed in technology,' and that we hav
e lower attention spans and don't know how to do maths any more... Well I have something to say: Give us back the grass, the trees, the forests.
I am not saying you are the cause of these "problems." The older generation is not the main cause of the lack of interest, attention span and intelligence of the younger generation. We have been trained to be lazy; we have been trained to have few ideas of our own. We are being trained to be dumb. The older generation is only helping.
We, the younger generation are also to blame. We do not grasp the opportunities handed to us. We do not 'wonder' nor do we 'think.' Many of us rely on others for our thoughts.
Society should start to think on their own, they should get back to nature. A
nd yes, I do say this as I type on a computer. For I am one of the new generation. I am one of those who loves technology, but I also love Earth. I love picking raspberries, even when I get stung on the butt. I love the romanticism that comes with nature.
So get out there, and find some nature.
~Carollela~

No comments:
Post a Comment