Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fleeting Thoughts

Life is so ... short, fickle, busy, enjoyable, painful, and scary. But humanity hasn't given up completely.

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.
Lillian Dickson

I got a text message this morning from Devan that made me think. She told me that her friend's mother committed suicide last night, she was asking for prayer for that family. I know that I can feel helpless, hopeless and apathetic, but to imagine the depths of pain and hopelessness that lady must have been in really puts life into perspective.

In Christ I have hope. I want to live the life I have been given how God wants me to, and I want to share the hope I have with others. Maybe I can help prevent someone else' suicide.

~Carollela~

No comments: