Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas: An Early Rant

I have noticed an abundance of Christians who are becoming legalistic. People who are focusing more on anger and sect type thinking rather than love and communal Christian thinking. Why is this? We are losing sight of who we are, or rather we have lost sight of who our God is.

We say we are Christians with our mouth, we may think it with our brains but do we act it with our body? Do we live it with our hearts?

I have seen things like this on facebook:

it's Christmas....not X-mas!!! Don't remove Christ from HIS birthday!!! Post this if you agree...Please don't X out the Lord!!!!! (I want to see this on everyone's wall!!!) Jesus is the reason for the season. Without him there would be no CHRISTmas..So lets remember what Christmas is all about and why we celebrate "Christ Birthday"


Why do we put things like this up? Do we not know? Shortening Christmas to "X-mas" does not take Christ out of the day. In fact it still keeps it there. (Before I continue, I want to state that I do not agree with saying we need to write out all of Christmas every time. My main concern is to tell people that Xmas is Christmas. This post is for Christians who need to understand that rather than posting these angry remarks we need to think past these things and actually think about the "reason for the season" rather than saying that cliche all the time.)
This here is a chi rho. It may not have originally been Christian, just as the cross has always been Roman but believers in the Jewish God now wear it around their neck, however it is not associated with Christ. The X being Greek for Chi and P Greek for Rho. Many Christians put this together as to mean Christ after The Roman Emperor Constantine decided to help Christ believers out.

Stop spreading the things like this through facebook, they only sound angry and arrogant and self centered. More and more people are ignoring Christians, calling them hypocrites and I cannot help but agree with them sometimes because we act high and mighty and have so many says but do not live them. We do not live how we should, not with love.

We do not live how our God wants us to.

~Carollela~

No comments: