Monday, October 11, 2010

Life Lessons

This year has been a crazy, hectic, turbulent, messy, unsynchronized, frantic and any other word that means busy. I have always had a hard time with Faith. (Not that I mean that as a person, since I capitalized it...) It is hard to believe in something you cannot see. I cannot however deny that there is a God. Why? As a science person I try to logically think through everything and I found logical reasons as to why there is a God. Now why he would care about me... nothing logical at all. I guess that is where Faith, Mercy and Love come in.

There have been a few times in my life where I knew for solid sure that there was a God. I knew from experience. Not that he talked to me, because I think that would scare me pants-less... but God has shown himself to me in different ways.

Recently he has been teaching me lots of life lessons. I mentioned at church that praying for patience is one of the goofiest things ever... I still stick by that.

I have been telling my roommates that I am trying to be "nice," after talking to my cousin I know that it is kindness I'm trying to change. I am trying to be kinder to people. I have friends who say that I'm not "nice" or that I'm mean sometimes, and that hurts me. So I'm trying to be kinder, and I do not know how my roommate Emily does it... it is hard.

In being kind I have to be slightly less sarcastic (which is hard and sad since that is apart of me.. but perhaps I do not have clear sarcasm for others.. then again it's not my fault my friends are not British... okay that's right there is an example of me not being kind..) on top of being less sarcastic I have to learn patience...

Yeah, that's right. When you want to be kinder you have to learn patience. It's not that I prayed for patience, but that is what I've gotten. I have received so many trials that test my patience recently I am surprised that I have not keeled over.

In all though, God is still working in me and that is a good thing.
~Carollela~

No comments: