Monday, October 24, 2011

2 Years Time

Have you ever stopped and thought: "What has happened in the past year? Two years? Five years? etc."
I was thinking about it today. This morning I was changing and the my PJ shirt was one from last year and says SOPHOMORE on the front into my shirt from this year that shouts JUNIOR.
I've thought about the fact that I am a junior before, but it really dawned on me today. With it being so close to midterms (Midterms due Wednesday) all of my thoughts are on whether I can pass this semester or not.

As I was driving back from Walmart with my friend Rachel I was recounting things that have happened in the past two years. For such a short time so many things have happened. Here, see for your self and then maybe think about what has happened in your two years:

- Met new friends
- Lost Friends
- Had a full time factory job
- Learned new music
- Been through two harvests
- Got a tattoo
- Got a car
- Had two boyfriends
- First kiss
- Moved bedrooms
- Moved in and out of a place 4 times
- Lived in a dorm
- Lived in an apartment
- Spent money
- Earned money
- Went on a road trip
- Got lost on a road trip
- Bought something brand-new
- Bought something old
- Written at least 20 papers
- Went camping in 34* nighttime weather
I've even eaten a green pepper like an apple. And this is only a small list, who is counting the super small things like 'how many times you've changed your socks,' or what about the big things I've missed?

It is surprising how fast things go.
~Carollela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That makes me want to cry, I've missed more than I should have and done more when i should have done less,
talked when i should have listened
listened when i should have talked
struck when i shouldn't have and held back when i should have struck
trusted myself too much
trusted God less than i should have
became visible when i should have stayed hidden and now i'm hiding and every door is shut, there's no lock unlocked, no door that isn't checked and the windows would have bars if I could manage it. I should have never come out.
~ me ~